Petitions for Writ of Mandamus and Other Federal Actions for Delayed Immigration Matter

If your N-400 naturalization application, I-485 permanent residence application, asylum application or other immigration application has been pending for an unreasonably long time or beyond regular processing times at USCIS, you may be able to file a mandamus or action under the Administrative Procedures Act in federal court. This type of action asks a federal judge to order or compel the agency to make a decision on your application.

A Petition for Writ of Mandamus case can be a highly effective tactic for obtaining a result on a matter where the USCIS delay is unreasonable. To learn more about our ability to obtain relief through a mandamus or other federal action, contact an immigration lawyer at Wiley & Jobson.